- This event has passed.
Getting Started With Power BI (Option 1)
March 23 @ 1:00 pm - 1:45 pm
To join online, please go to https://bit.ly/39czL16
The meeting starts promptly at 1pm but I will start the Teams meeting at 12pm so people can test that they connect – avoids a last minute scramble.
Part of the session is a tutorial. If you would like to follow along, the dataset and course materials are on a Public OneDrive folder at https://bit.ly/33zWQtp in the ‘Getting Started With Power BI’ folder. There is no need to do this – you may prefer just to watch the demo.
There is repeat event on Tuesday at 7pm which may be more convenient for some.
We’ll demo a tutorial to get you started with Power BI. We’ll import a really simple small data, shape it, visualise and analyse it. We’ll make the tutorial materials available on a public OneDrive folder before the course so that you can follow along.
It is the first session in an ‘Solving Analytical Challenges With Power BI’. Each session, will look at a bite-size challenge. We may run weekly or fortnightly depending on your feedback. The topics will be
* Shape Up – transforming data into the best shape for analysis and visualisation
* Dodgy Data – finding and fixing data quality issues
* Pimp My Power BI – building attractive and engaging visuals
* As Time Goes By – dealing with dates and calculations such as year to date
* Many to Many – a typical but tricky data modelling challenge
* Not Adding Up – dealing with semi-additive and non-additive measures
* DAX for beginners
* Financial modelling case study
* Geospatial Mapping in Power BI
* Data insights with the newish Decompositon Tree and Key Influencers visuals